;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz! Board Board logo

標題: 52.819 a few moments. 81 [打印本頁]

作者: gihrrjca    時間: 2016-9-24 00:33     標題: 52.819 a few moments. 81

Carlin Dunne's senses were on higher alert June 30 whenever it was time to start his / her run in Colorado's 91st annual Pikes Optimum International Hill Climb, the raucous convergence of soil, man, and machine. "I could feel the rotor wash originating from a helicopter beating down on us," he said. "People were yelling. Air horns were going off. Almost everything you've worked for all your the world is on the line. It's beyond just about any drug. You're more the greatest human than at almost every other time, doing anything else.In
Dunne was perched on a fully charged electric motorcycle. In advance of him lay 12 1/2 miles of narrow roadway, dealing thousands of vertical feet on the 14,115 foot summit of Pikes Peak. As fast as this individual could go, he would have to settle 156 turns, many of them straddling sheer shed offs and void of guardrails.
The Thirty year old Santa Barbara natural had been there before. In 2011, his rookie year inside America's second oldest generator race, Dunne rode the Ducati Multistrada from his / her family's Montecito Street dealership on the fastest time of all categories of motorcycles. In 2012, totally sponsored by Ducati's Italian factory, he repeated as winner and set a motorcycle record of 9 minutes, 52.819 secs.
He wasn't sure he would try for a threepeat. "If we go up there the same as before and never set a record, who cares?In . Dunne said. Early this year, your dog found som du kunne lide  47 a way to make her return a fresh new obstacle. Lightning Motorcycles of N . California had developed an electric superbike. Dunne test drove it and stated, "I was blown away by the performance."
So there your dog was three weeks ago, attempting to make history. An electric bike hadn't beaten its gas powered brethren in a major race. Dunne himself had doubts whether it may very well be done. "I'd be racing from bikes that had more power, bikes that were lighter," he said. But his Lightning team was out to confirm something. "We had heart,In . he said. "We were forging brand new ground with a new technology."
Furthermore, few, if any alternative, riders could summon inside the passion with which Dunne pursues the sport. Trevor Dunne, his father, would have been a professional rider from Africa. He founded Ducati of Without having Barbara in the 1970s. "It has been inevitable that I would be into motorcycles," Carlin said. "I got started at 1 1/2 years old. I personally raced professionally all through the high school years. It's whatever am; what I do. It really is taken me all over the world.In .
He suffered a setback at the age of 18. During a warm up for the Daytona 200, his bike veered uncontrolled. He tried to hang on like a bull rider, but when your dog skidded over a bump in the infield, he / she was thrown off. "I ended up on my back Elliott Rogers 75 and imagined I was okay," Dunne mentioned, "but then I saw the bike in the air. It came down inside my lap." A significant part tore into his ideal thigh, resulting in a compound bone fracture of the femur.
His leg ended up being weak after healing, and hubby took up bicycling to strengthen the idea. His competitive juices began flowing again, and he attempted mountain bike racing. Eventually, he got back on motorcycles and also joined his father being a partner in the Ducati shop.
Dunne's initial experience at the Pikes Peak mais il est toujours à la maison Incline Climb, also known as the "Race towards the Clouds," was for a spectator five years ago. "I cannot believe I'd never seriously known about it," he stated. "What makes it so magical will be the environment. It's so raw. It's thick with trees from the outset, and then you're into completely exposed rock. This is de forkerte ting Jeg mener 27 one of the very last races you're out of a security zone. If you kill by yourself, that's what you did." There have been just three racing fatalities at the Colorado event through the years, although crashes are common.
Several riders had crashed within the 2013 Pikes Peak Hill Rise before it was Dunne's turn to start. He / she steeled himself for the climb. Having done triathlon type education, he was well conditioned at 6'3" and 195 pounds. "I'm too big for some races, but in this kind of race, it works to the advantage," he said. "I should be farm boy fit to wrestle a 500 lb bike up a pile."
As he sped up the road, all the surrounding commotion washed out away. He was absolutely focused on bending around those people treacherous curves. The electric generator worked silently. He was forced to sound a siren to ensure spectators knew he ended up being coming. There was a good turnout, quite a few anticipating the appearance of nine period World Rally Champion Sbastien Loeb, who later shatter the all-time racecar record in his $3.5 trillion Peugeot.
"Eight turns in, I didn't sense a grip," Dunne stated. "I was going 150 mph, and the bike was slipping. I thought, 'This is why everyone's piling   no traction.' There was clearly heavy downpours on the road before the ethnic background. My dad always told me, 'To finish first, you've got to first complete.'" He eased up, however, not too much. "You can't show up 50 percent mast. You've got to rock 'n' roll.In .
Dunne came within seconds of his or her record, stopping the clock in 10:00.694 when he click the summit. "If I'd eaten a little less the night before, I'd have broken 10 minutes,Inches he said. There were more than Ninety motorcycle entries, and nobody in addition came within 20 seconds of his time. Inside the motorsports press, his win was hailed as a motorola milestone that foreshadowed the eventual domination of electric powered vehicles.
"It's the long run," Dunne acknowledged. It is a beneficial, he noted, that the fresh technology leaves "zero carbon influence." But his business and his career have been wedded to traditional motorbikes, and he is concerned about the public's opinion involving his sport. "I'm a gas head through and through,Inches he said. "I like grease. Top-notch Men's National Road Champion in Wisconsin.
THE QUEST: Be the title of an endurance ethnic background that will be contested by spot lifeguards on Monday, August 22. and run on the actual sand   or swim when a section is impassable   all the way to San Buenaventura State Beach. The distance is eighteen miles.
Ken_Volok on "Convicted Pimp Sentenced to Thirty eight Years to Life" I think Draxor misinterpreted this riff joke off of Invoice Clausen comment.
JarvisJarvis on "Tempest in a Teepee at SBCC" Here is the absolute statute of limitations on "predecessor guilt". When all the predecessors whom allegedly committed these genuine crimes and dead. That .
danduderino on "101 Fight Flares Anew" > exactly why isn anyone talking about the real trouble. birth control.
nomoresanity on "Tempest in a Teepee from SBCC" I with KV and the inclusion of Pink Flamingos to the curriculum. I'd also like to add Blazing Horse saddles. And as an .

http://forum.cardragon.info/viewthread.php?tid=32895&extra=

http://wiie188.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=10790

http://ubacs.com.ar/osqa/preguntas/2050642/along-with-sabina-80

https://www.ctravelers.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=862848

http://special.bbsplanusa.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7650200&fromuid=21619

歡迎光臨 MeiMei正妹交友論壇 (http://olginfo.com/discuz/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0