;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz! Board Board logo

標題: and a bit more eschatology 09 [打印本頁]

作者: robrcbpd    時間: 2016-12-26 08:47     標題: and a bit more eschatology 09

The notion of Ugg Singapore the non existent Different to justify the use of surveillance and control technologies, which include processes like auditing as well as extra obvious physical technologies for example CCTV and keystroke hauling was particularly interesting. Major Other was and is since prevalent in autocratic societies such as Stalin Russia, as it is in the evidently democratic societies of today. Of course Stalin, (or News Corporation) isn watching anything we do. It just that we easily believe that they are. Perhaps the seriously radical position to adopt is that none of it matters significantly.
Now, following a technique made use of by Fisher himself, I going to make a popular culture reference. And so, in fairness to anyone who has not yet seen the last episode from the BBC series Ashes to Ashes I planning to warn of what I believe works as a Massive Spoiler Alert. If you don want me to ruin the plot for you end reading now.
OK? Right. Well, if you did see it, you have picked up on the eschatological damaged in the story line. (You couldn genuinely have missed it.) What I think was very telling could be that the Hell that the characters virtually ended up in was a law enforcement station. That is in their terms and conditions, a place of work. And a work place is a place where you have to portray yourself as one thing other than you actually are. Compared the Heaven was a bar, where there is no real security (other than the internal surveillance made available from the landlord), and there is a license to become yourself. (Admittedly the consumption of alchohol assists!).
Which brings me back to Fisher. I did rather like the suggestion that industrial steps might usefully take the form of abnegating to co operate together with those forms of labour that promote surveillance. Such action wouldn hurt the community that the services are provided for, and it would be extremely tough for employers to reduce earnings bills (He claims during one point that colleges welcomed one day strikes, because they lead to minimal disruption and appreciably reduced costs.) But generally there that Big Other just as before, and it makes me ponder whether the answer to Fisher question is essentially If no one is actually jamming, (at least for very long, ) does anything at all we do matter very much. Potentially if we all thought that In fact, time for another cultural reference (and a bit more eschatology). In the 1960's John Wyndham wrote a short account Trick about a tube practice crash.  After the accident your train continued underground with a few passengers until it had reached Hell. One of the characters searched about him, with escalating disbelief and shouted of which don believe any of this particular Whereupon the scene dissolved plus they all found themselves backside on the street outside the Bank of England, under which the crash had evidently occurred. Whereupon precisely the same character looked at the bank, attracted in his breath, and began so that you can shout don bel only to find him self pushed into the path of any speeding bus. In his following explanation to the police the type who did the forcing said something like I couldn let him destroy civilisation.

violence and depression.  84

to a beginner  43

Baffert explained  87

in a sense  35

Bravo  29

歡迎光臨 MeiMei正妹交友論壇 (http://olginfo.com/discuz/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0