;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz! Board Board logo

標題: running her label [打印本頁]

作者: rbtqjjmm    時間: 2016-4-19 03:12     標題: running her label

Solo folk stars Kathryn Williams plus Neill MacColl hook up
That was the theory, regardless. "That was before we had to take ferries on Womens Nike Free 3.0 raging oceans, and board tiny planes in gale force winds!" The gossamer voiced, Mercury nominated Kathryn Williams shots her legs up on the couch, and looks at her brand new writing partner and jokes, recounting their journey from a paint your own pottery cafe in Fort William, to a movie theater in Inverness, to a woodlands focus on the Isle of Lewis. "I are aware of the two of us needed to connect because everything's so brand new, but bloody hell, this was ridiculous. His name could very well ring a bell: he's the oldest son of the folk audio pioneers Ewan MacColl and Peggy Seeger, half buddy of the late Kirsty, and a composer and producer in his own right. Together, Williams and MacColl are like lifelong friends or brothers and sisters despite the 15 year get older gap (she is 33, while he is "ugh, 48, thank you quite much"). They're now in the small harbour town of Ullapool, where the warm up tour finishes, a spot MacColl used to travel to alone being a teenager.The pair met at 2005's Daughters of Albion concert in Cork, and played together again one year afterwards at the Barbican. Williams was heavily expectant at the time with her first Buy New Balance Online Nz boy or girl, Louis, and had chosen to sing Ewan MacColl's The 1st time Ever I Saw Your Face.Strangely, though, Neill MacColl was even additional worried. "I was wary due to the fact everyone else who's covered there are murdered it. If you ever can hear Elvis's version for instance .In He bristles at the very believed. "God, it's monstrous. But as soon as Kath started to sing it, in that lovely understated approach she does, I realized exactly where she was intending. I could follow her simply, and she could follow us. And given that song designed so much to me anyway, that it was like coming home." Williams felt similarly. "I'd never had that sort of experience before with music, to believe someone straightaway. It was similar to a light going on."Until then, Williams was really a staunch solo artist. Although she'd a spell on a significant label after her secondly album, Little Black Numbers, was nominated for 2000's Mercury music prize, she took the woman's projects back home, running her very own label, Caw Records, from the girl Newcastle home with her husband and also manager Neil le Flohic. MacColl lived, when he still does, with his journalist girl and two teenage sons in the uk, writing music for flicks and occasionally producing albums, and also touring as a seasoned session musician with the likes associated with David Gray."We have a managing joke about that," Williams interjects. "Well, regarding David's posh touring commitments anyhow. I'll buy Neill a coffee, after which it go, 'Ooh, but would Jesse Gray buy you a cappuccino from Caff Nero? Ooh, no, I thought not really. I'm much nicer.'"It took a while for them to meet up and write, given the birth of Louis and MacColl's own commitments, but they stored in touch "writing silly haikus over e-mail like a pair of right nutters", states that Williams. Then, in April 07, MacColl headed to Newcastle, where that they pitched Nike Free 5.0 up in Williams' garage and also tuned up their guitars. The tunes, they both say simultaneously, poured out of them. And when these people went to record later of which year, they recorded 21 years of age in six days."We found we were very similar musicians," says Williams. "Both of us are very very frustrating to ourselves. Neill covers it up by being quiet, and I cover it up also this joker shouting 'tits as well as arse', but once we were eye to eye it was terrifying the amount we were alike." The lady smiles broadly. "This is a weird analogy I know, but the entire experience was the musical show equivalent of Buy Oakley Online Nz standing naked in front of the person you love and seeking them to like you."Two, the result of their efforts, is incredibly intimate, brimming with early morning songs that sound softly in your ear. It's actually not folk music, grumbles MacColl, although Williams doesn't mind that description ("Let's often be folk people, Neill! Cheap Oakley Frogskins Nz Folk people are nice!"). The paths include 6am Corner and Blue Fields, two of the first songs Williams wrote. "I could never cause them to work myself, which states a lot, obviously." They will recorded them in a countryside studio lent to them by Kimberley Rew, guitar player in Katrina the Swells. "And people would just wander in and sit down and take note of us as if that was regular behaviour," says MacColl. "Which had been strange, but it made all of us realise that we were making a great gift."The album also includes a sort of Tom Waits' Innocent When You Wish, which MacColl was singing because he tuned his guitar one particular morning. "And I said, Neill, you've got to sing that out loud, nonetheless he wouldn't. He was really shy about his vocal range." Williams adds that she fluffs the initial line of the song to the record, but MacColl was adamant they shouldn't change it. He 's still. "Who made the rule regardless you can't allow a bonk up on a record? To my mind, the top records show you their weaknesses." Williams puts this a lot better. "So much music these days is actually tucked or streamlined and it sounds bloody awful. It is like plastic surgery for tunes. It's much better to say, look, this is me, this is exactly who I am." She gurns daftly. "So that is what we did."The 23 day tour proper starts within mid March and, of course, one of those dates involves the combine supporting David Gray london. Williams is taking her husband plus son along for the drive, just as MacColl was taken on trip by his parents. "It had been normal life for me then. I thought everyone's parents were folk singers." His personal family dynasty is broadening quickly, too   his 16 year old son Jamie plays beginners guitar in the NME approved Bombay Bicycle Pub, while 13 year old Mary is Lv Shop Nz drumming for teenage post rockers Lo Fi Culture Scene, that recently played at London's Astoria. "Something regarding Louis to look up to!" Williams a silly joke gently.You feel that the rapport between these two will never challenge, and a recent event throughout Williams's life makes this also stronger. Moving some packing containers around a back master bedroom, she Womens Nike Free Run 2 found a long neglected reel to reel gamer that she picked up in a Liverpudlian current market many years ago. She'd never viewed its tapes closely, however, this time she did. "And these people were BBC tapes from folk organizations in the early 60s, some of the ones which were lost forever, with Neill's momma and dad singing on them.In . She's given them to MacColl at this point."It's funny, isn't it, Neill?" Williams smiles of pleasure, New Balance Womens Shoes Nz winking at him across the area. "All those years we did not know each other   and you were underneath my bed all along."

http://npl.rice.edu/search/node/

http://zjfangde.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165014

http://www.k88.kr/web/home.php?go=pds_list&pds_type=1

http://www.daqimen.com/viewthread.php?tid=1455008&extra=

歡迎光臨 MeiMei正妹交友論壇 (http://olginfo.com/discuz/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0