;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz! Board Board logo

標題: Inch she said. 110 [打印本頁]

作者: ppzgxiid    時間: 2016-4-19 13:56     標題: Inch she said. 110

From the top of her steep garage here, Nancy Leftenant Colon gazed coupled Sugar Toms Lane at timber turned incandescent by the advance of september and, above the fiery extravaganza, a blue sky, light and pure. Leftenant Colon said she would never leave that tranquil acre on Long Island's Northern coast, where she has lived intended for 27 years. Then she apologized for not raking your backyard.
"I do it all myself,Inches she said.
In a way, that is the ethic of her lifetime as military nurse and black American doing for herself what would not get done otherwise, sizing up the odds plus taking her best chance, turning obstacle into benefit.
"My father would say, Mbt Shoes Uk 'I will not care what you do. Whether or not it's sweeping the floor, do it the very best you can,' " your lover recalled.
The advice resonated. Army being a reservist after graduation from the Lincoln subsequently School for Nurses from the Bronx, which served minority learners.
"I saw a picture of an Armed service nurse with her cape," Leftenant Colon said. "She looked so competent straight and tall. I wanted to do my part."Like The states, however, the Army was ambivalent at the best about race. Leftenant Colon has been accepted into the ranks however, not as a member of the Regular Affiliate marketer Nurse Corps, then an all white institution. Second course status did not prevent the healthcare professionals from performing in top notch fashion, Leftenant Colon said.
A young recruits from several dark colored nursing schools were designated to an Army hospital at Fortin Devens in Massachusetts high impact responsibility since the facility treated numerous GIs wounded in World War II.
Leftenant Large intestine said she and the girl friends were in an state-of-the-art state of readiness. Their education had been intense, she reported, because teachers knew dark women would have to demonstrate top-quality skills. And the nurses understood their work might affect how successors were judged.
"White nurses might just go and be nurses,Inches said Sandra Davis, a nurse historian on La Salle University in Chicago and president of the Memorial of Nursing History in the same city. "They didn't have to often be examples. But black nurse practitioners did. They had to be not only good." Typically, Davis claimed, minority women received arduous preparation. "They had to be like Avertissement 'We try harder.' "
In Fort Devens, black nurses therefore impressed doctors and clients, Leftenant Colon said, that many which includes her were promoted from second to first lieutenants with 11 months. White nurses snubbed the black newcomers, Leftenant Intestinal tract said, and seemed to hate their success. "It was for Nike High Heels instance throwing somebody in a briar patch," she recalled.
"When we were to Fort Devens, we were contacted and told that we were required to act differently," Uncouth said. "I thought that was a place down. I guess they thought an all-black costume people start trouble. This reaction was to get out of the actual military as soon as I could, but Nan stayed in. She would not complain. She just went right ahead."
Throughout 1948, Leftenant Colon's resolve paid off. She went for regular status black nurse practitioners could serve only because reservists previously and, in keeping with Chief executive Truman's order that the military become desegregated, defense officials approved. Leftenant Colon became the first black healthcare professional in the Regular Army Health professional Corps, but that was not the girl's last move. The next 12 months, she transferred to the Air Power, Fake Ray Ban Sunglasses which, in 1947, appeared to be designated a separate branch in the armed services. Her brother, Jan Leftenant, one of six members of the family whom served in the military, was Cheap Nike Air Max 90 obviously a pilot with the famed Tuskegee Airmen, one of black fliers who seem to saw extensive action in the course of World War II. Leftenant died in The spring 1945, when his P Fifty one Mustang was shot down over Austria.
When her sister was training in South Carolina, Leftenant Intestinal tract visited. The young female wanted to enter the Army however was afraid she would often be tainted by the "terrible things" often explained in those days about the character connected with military women. "You just do just what Mom and Dad told you was correct and you'll have no trouble," Leftenant Digestive tract recalled her brother saying.

http://www.duorou.hk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2620491&extra=

http://npl.rice.edu/search/node/

http://miraclelineage.com/forum/home.php?mod=space&uid=65450&do=blog&quickforward=1&id=864872

http://www.1958happy.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11175524

歡迎光臨 MeiMei正妹交友論壇 (http://olginfo.com/discuz/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0