;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Alexander Steen Jersey l3mbkf0i - 公告區 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Alexander Steen Jersey l3mbkf0i

– does not regret stance he took to preserve his professionalism“Eleven years at one rank… so what? At the end of the day I have peace of mind. When I go home in the night to sleep, I sleep soundly,”- Assistant Commissioner Slowe.By Dale AndrewsAfter 37 years of service, Assistant Commissioner of Police,Nike Air Max Tn Shoes For Men Sale, Paul Slowe, is calling it a day on his illustrious career in the Guyana Police Force – a career, which most would describe as professional, even though some would say it was controversial.Slowe’s career as a policeman will come to an end on July 31, but he will be proceeding on two months pre-retirement leave from next week.But unlike a few others who remain on the job after retirement, Slowe has no such intentions of so doing, although he willingly offered to share some of his experience and knowledge with those whom he is leaving behind. Assistant Commissioner of Police Paul Slowe graciously accepts a gift from an officer at the Brickdam Station during a special farewell function yesterday.Slowe was at the time delivering his farewell address to ranks at the Brickdam Police Station, where he served with distinction as Divisional Commander for several years.“When I joined this force I didn’t sneak in anywhere, I walked through the gate and therefore when the time comes for me to go, I’m not sneaking out. I want everybody to know that I am going. Some people are fearful. They don’t want people to know that they are retiring. I suspect that if people know that they are retiring, then they can’t go and get perks. They can’t go and get free food and free drinks,” Slowe said, to much laughter from the audience which included the present Commander, George Vyphuis, and other senior officers.“I am not in the extension business. The time has come for me to go and I am going,” Slowe added, dismissing any thought of seeking an extension of his tenure.He recalled many incidents in his career as a policeman boasting that on many occasions, even as a senior officer, he led by example.“I don’t send anyone to do something that I would not do myself. If we’re going on an operation I will not commit people to doing something, especially if lives and limbs are threatened, that I would not do,” Slowe said emphatically.This rank says her farewell to the outgoing Assistant CommissionerSlowe joined the Guyana Police Force on March 1, 1974, as a Constable, and holds the distinction of being probably the only policeman to instruct the ranks in the recruitment batch that immediately followed his graduation -such was his outstanding penchant for drilling.His career started at the Tactical Services Unit (TSU) and spanned two stints as Traffic Chief, along with several Command and Deputy Command positions.He even contemplated leaving the Force and joining the now defunct Guyana People’s Militia after it appeared that he was overlooked for promotion.But he persevered, and did not regret the decision to remain in the Force.With diligent reading and a desire to upgrade his knowledge, his career subsequently took off, and at one time as a Superintendent, he ran the entire West Demerara Division, presiding over the successful running of the Local Government Elections in 1994.This opened the door for further command positions in the force under the then Commissioner of Police Laurie Lewis.But it was during one of his stints at the TSU that he first saw the controversial nature of policing.It was the 1992 General Elections and there was turmoil in the streets of Georgetown, where many persons were looting and burning, and law and order had almost been non-existent.“I am the person who insisted to the Commissioner that the TSU go out and do what is right to quell the disturbance in Georgetown,” Slowe said.According to Slowe, he ensured that his ranks were aware of the nature of the operation and the need to be professional.But the actions of the police on that occasion drew condemnation from some sections of the society.However, Slowe was not deterred since he was confident that he had acted as a professional officer in the circumstances.“You have a job to do; you have to do your job. That is the nature of a policeman’s job. That’s the oath that we took… to serve and protect.”He lamented what he described as wanton corruption within the force today, claiming that although he did a lot of wicked things in his younger days, corruption was not one of them.“Having served for almost 37 years, there is not a single person in this country or in the world who can point their finger at me and say that I was involved in any corruption. I never asked anybody for any bribe,” Slowe boasted.He urged the present ranks in the police force to ensure that they too can boast of such a record.According to Slowe,World Cup Jerseys 2018, he was not one to shy away from disciplining persons involved in corruption, even officers of the Force.He recalled that on one occasion after disciplining a rank, he received threats from the man’s relatives.“I tell them anytime y’all make a move, I will wipe out everybody. All I pray for is when y’all do something, it must not be instantly fatal for me, I must get an opportunity to return fire because if I fire five shots, is five people dead,” the retiring Assistant Police Commissioner said.He even recalled that there were rumours that the much-feared ‘phantom squad’ was interested in him.“The only thing that I don’t want to happen is that I must not get a chance to defend myself because I will be a miserable jumbie,” Slowe added.He said that at no time in his career, as a policeman was he afraid once he was doing the right thing.Referring to a controversial incident with former Minister of Home Affairs, Ronald Gajraj,Air Max 97 Silver, Slowe said that he knew he was within his rights and stood up for it.On that occasion Slowe, who was the Commander of the Berbice Division, refused to obey the instructions of the minister to return a firearm to a person from whom it was seized.For his actions, he was ordered to report to Georgetown where he was to be posted to what he called a non-existent position in the Ministry of Finance.He challenged the decision in the court.“You can’t justify the wrong things. You can’t get to the stage where you’re getting officious and saying that you’re giving orders, because those of you who know, I’m supposed to be the expert on 17:01. I told him that his order to me was illegal. He then said that I have to comply and then complain. I said to him that is for the army,” Slowe told the gathering.He said he then went on to explain to the Minister that the Nuremberg Tribunal, which was conducted after the Second World War,Air Max 90 Essential White And Black, held that no subordinate can be compelled to carry out an unlawful order.“I have been in this position (Assistant Commissioner) for eleven years and I have absolutely no doubt that because of that confrontation I was sidelined, but I don’t mind. I want to say this, because of that confrontation my profile in this country went up one thousand times,Deion Sanders Falcons Jersey, because prior to that people had me as stooge, carrying out all kinds of stupid orders. Nobody has ever, ever given me any order that I am not comfortable with to carry out,” Slowe stressed.“Eleven years at one rank…so what? At the end of the day I have peace of mind. When I go home in the night to sleep, I sleep soundly,” Assistant Commissioner Slowe said.While he has no immediate plans to leave Guyana,Nike Air Max Tn Ultra Plus, Slowe informed this newspaper that there are several options open to him, including job offers overseas.In the meantime, he plans to use his two month pre-retirement leave to complete disciplinary matters against some ranks in the Force.There will a special farewell parade at Police Headquarters, Eve Leary, this Friday for the retiring Assistant Commissioner.
返回列表