;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); the best old days 88 - 笑話專區 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

the best old days 88

'I think everyone should volunteer'
Care plus supportYour essential guide to social cherish social care Choosing health care services Social care checks NHS continuing care Thought capacity Carers' wellbeing Home care Treatment homes Breaks from patient Carers' rights Young carers All health care and support topicsServices near you
Really don't miss out .
Exercise your right to choice in the NHS
Understand patient choice nowMy voluntary do the job
"I volunteerat a retirement home weekly for two hours, from 11am to help 1pm. When I arrive,the particular residents are still getting up along with coming into the lounge, in which I chat to them Cheap Nike Heels assure they're happy and comfortable. A small number can make conversation, so making cups of tea and examining they're warm enough is the key priority.
"I'll then go and go to the residents who can't abandon their rooms, and make sure they're having a good morning or inform the nurses if there's something wrong. If the nurses want whatever doing, I try to make his or her job a bit easier, for example acquiring people from their rooms for their wheelchairs and taking these to where they need to be.
"At lunchtime My partner and i bring them to the dining room, exactly where I hand out tea in addition to lunch and help them try to eat, cutting up their food, chatting and generally just trying to make these have a better Sunday. Normally families visit later inside day but some people don't have any family, so it's good for those to feel like someone is still there for the children.
"Guiltily, I have a few favourite citizens! One of them, she's called May, every week I come to view her, every week she questions my name and we access it brilliantly. She tells me the same stuff every week! She didn't used be like that, she employed to remember me, but she has not very well at the moment."
Why I volunteer
"I started off volunteering at the retirement household while on a three month location as part of the Duke of Edinburgh's Prize(DofE) scheme. Some people doing DofE decide to volunteer in charity shops but as I want to go into treatment I thought it would be a great idea to get more hands on experience for my Resume.
"When the placement ended I decided to keep. I've been doing it for a year now and I want to go on until I leave to venture to university. I really get a excitement from helping the residents, the majority of whom need a lot of treatment, and patient interaction can be something I look forward to when I'm older."
What We have learnt about dementia and ageing
"I've learnt how dementia affects men and women and how to deal with it. Folks joke about dementia being concerning forgetting stuff, but it's more importantly, it affects people bodily too. With theresidents I talk with who are affected, some are deaf, none can hear well and some might seem like they aren't very with it. But they can say for certain what's happening and they'll know when you're treating them differently. It doesn't turn daft, so I simply treat them normally. The worst thing is for them to become stressed out. When that happens you need to hold Air Max Australia positive; talk about how excellent the day is and how dazzling it is outside.
"I've learnt the best way to talk to them in a way that may be appreciated, to take their imagination off things for a while. Brand-new better at it, I can easily be in a room with anyone and have a good chat with these folks for an hour without them realising that I'm desperately trying to get chat out of them. The ones good enough to chatmostly seem toenjoy reliving the past, the best old days! It's amazing to hear about the powerful jobs they have got had. It's good to talk to all of them, they've had so much practical knowledge and, without being too clichd, we are able to learn something from them.
"I appeared to be talking to a woman today who will be 101 years old, but I would never have been able to tell! The lady was brilliant and she loves talking about what she's performed. It's interesting to see Nike Dunk Heels Ebay the best way age affects different people: there may be biological age and then there is certainly real age. So this girl could still get up plus dance, while someone who is definitely 70 might not be able to walk, hear or see. It really is luck Nike Air Max Thea White in some cases really.
"It's wonderful seeing theresidents interact with their families. They can come out of their shells. One lady shouts and screams a lot of the time, but when the girl family came to visit people talked to her normally and then she became more like she had been.
"I've noticed that in the Indian lifestyle particularly they respect its grandparents a lot more and always care for them, and I think we should follow in which example. I don't like it whenever there are families that could go to but don't. Given that everyone is located longer, there's going to be considerably more old people around and employing the NHS. We should become more comfortable with their needs and not keep them in a corner and forget with them."
Volunteering can be challenging
"It can often be difficult in some situations. For example, before We went on The Apprentice there were this lovely married couple for the home who did everything together. We'd take them to get a stroll together in their motorized wheel chairs, they'd always sit alongside one another and have lunch together. Once i came back after filming, the girl was sitting on her own and that i found out from another kama'aina ( that her husband passed on. She has some form of dementia, and every morning she asks where the girl husband is, which is unpleasant.
"You can't mince your words. I've learned how to tell this girl that her husband's within a better place, 'in the stars'. I'm just quite an emotional person having said that i try to follow the example of your nurses in how to be connected withpeople but Ralph Lauren Online Sale not become so affixed that I become totally distraught when they die, which is a major skill to pick up in medication. I admire the nurses and in what way they can do that."
I had recommendvolunteering to anyone
"Volunteering enhances an individual as a person. I think everyone should do it, even if it's just an hour every week. It's something different to do, to take your mind off things and it gives you perspective on lifestyle. Also if you Buy Nike High Heels have grandparents who definitely are ill, you'd want someone similar to yourself or like me for being there to talk to them, ensure they're happy. It enhances the quality of their care. The concern I've seen is brilliant, the particular nurses couldn't do any more, but what could help improve the top quality of care is to have an overabundance of people around to talk to people, because it really helps.
"If you'rein school andwant to go into medicine, this is a great supply of experience and fantastic to utilize your CV. Wherever people volunteer, they will appreciate it. This mum's always drilled into me the best way important it is to help people, although you may don't have a lot of time. It's the amount of time you can give that is certainly important. I try my best to go every week, but when I had qualifications recently the nurses realized that I was locked in the room under books attempting to revise, and when I went on The Apprentice I definitely had to miss a bit. It really is volunteering though, and you just make an effort to come as often as you can.

http://www.aocs.org.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=137609&do=blog&quickforward=1&id=3030398

http://www.educationcity.com/uk/search/node/

http://www.straight.com/node/add/article

http://blog.runkeeper.com/6/what-running-shoes-are-you-rocking

http://xn--uisr00ceul.com/news/html/?299568.html
返回列表