;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Vans Old Skool Clearance ttewjxco - 公告區 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Vans Old Skool Clearance ttewjxco

By Ralph SeeramThe nominations are in; the race has truly begun. You can tell by the “mudslinging” and character assassinations being lobbed by both opposition and the ruling party. It was a week of more defections, with the AFC claiming a coup with the crossover of Moses Nagamootoo. The PPP had its moments too; Joey Jagan returned home and Peter Ramsaroop hop-scotched again, this time landing in the PPP ranks, yes Election 2011 is well on its way.The defection of Nagamootoo definitely hurt the image of the PPP, but will it bring votes to the Alliance for Change considering that Moses has been in the PPP wilderness for the last five years? I doubt if he will make a difference. Still every little vote that he may pull may count and may whittle the PPP to below 50 per cent of the electorate.Personally, I think that Moses should have stated at home. As an old stalwart I am sure “the Donald” would have accommodated him after he had settled in office. By the way, I thought for a moment Moses was the leader of the AFC while on their march to present their nomination slate. There was Moses formally dressed in tie and all as if he was going to court and Khemraj beside him “dressed down” on their way to City Hall.What’s with wearing ties in Guyana? It is the most uncomfortable thing in an 80-plus degree Fahrenheit weather. Ties are meant to help retain heat in the body, something you definitely do not need in a tropical country like Guyana.Believe me, Burnham was right on one thing — getting rid of the tie.Speaking of the AFC. Commenting on my last week article on whether elections can be won or lost by radio and TV advertisement, AFC supporter Charrandass Persaud suggested that I should reserve my analysis for two weeks before the elections. Mr. Persaud feels that I was wrong to predict that the AFC would receive fewer votes at the coming elections, claiming that the AFC will make inroads into the PPP votes.My central point in that article was that the AFC in the last elections won votes mainly from the PNC supporters. A reenergized PNC/APNU will reclaim those votes. Now if the AFC loses those votes and captures some PPP votes as Mr.Persaud predicts, it really becomes a “wash”.My “ears and eyes” on the ground indeed confirm some of Mr. Persaud’s observations, namely that the PPP is not getting the crowds it enjoyed before. But would that automatically translate into votes for the AFC?I have consistently said that the most the AFC can hope for is for the PPP to fall below the 50 per cent mark, thus putting the party in a deal-making position. If such a situation occurs who would the AFC align with? My prediction will be the PPP, but to use Mr. Charrandass Persaud’s words, “time will provide the answers”.This brings me to what I really want to comment on. President Bharrat Jagdeo continues his assault on the opposition forces. This week it was Nigel Hughes. Some people would take the position that the President’s rhetoric was a bit “out of line”. I am referring specifically to Mr. Jagdeo’s reference to Mr. Hughes representing “drug dealers” and not receiving Senior Counsel recognition under his watch.I find this a little disturbing. If we believe in the Rule of Law and the Constitution then we must accept that any accused has the right to legal representation, regardless how innocent or guilty he may be. That is the system we accept. We cannot “pick and choose” which parts we accept.The old adage that “it is better to let a hundred guilty persons go free than to convict one innocent person,” still holds true. This is felt so strongly in the US that defendants are given a Public Defender to represent (if they cannot afford an attorney) to ensure he or she receives a fair trial.Someone commented to me that Mr. Hughes may be defending the “small guys”, but the “big fishes” have the run of the ocean. On the question of Senior Counsel status, I am sure the President knows better. He knows what the prerequisites are and they have nothing to do with the political activities of the individual.I suggest the President tone down a bit, but it is the political season and I guess anything goes,Air Max Wholesale Free Shipping, short of advocating violence and unrest. I did predict in my March 13 column that this will be the dirtiest election campaign. Every week the PPP throws “some red herrings” at the opposition to throw them off their game. This week it was Hughes. Who will it be next week?Nearly half of the eligible voters in the coming elections are youths. I have said before that youths will “make or break” the PPP at this election. Anybody wondering why PPP campaign rallies are more a show featuring singers, rather than an old boring political meeting?APNU’s presidential candidate David Granger recognized also that youth will play an important part in this election. In an interview with me some time ago he accused the Jagdeo administration of neglecting youths – no doubt the PPP will disagree with his assessment.Yes, it’s the election season and as Adam said, it is the “silly season”. Don’t take politicians too seriously. After all they only want to get elected, today Jagdeo “cussing” out Hughes and tomorrow you might see the two of them “knocking glass” at the Princess Hotel.Ralph Seeram could be reached at email: [email protected]
返回列表